Landmarks in Badami include cave temples, gateways, forts, inscriptions and sculptures.
• A Buddhist cave in a natural setting that can be entered only by crawling on knees.
• The Bhuhtanatha temple, a small shrine, facing
the lake, constructed in 5th century.
• Badami Fort situated on top of the hill.
• Many Shivalayas including the Malegatti Shivalaya with 7th century origins.
• The Dattatreya temple.
• The Mallikarjuna temple dating back to the 11th century, built on a star shaped plan.
• a Dargah, a dome of an Islamic place of worship on the south fort side.
• Vista points on top of the North Fort for the view of the ancient town below.
• Temple of Banashankari, a Kuladevata (family deity) for many families, is located near Badami.
• Archaeological museum, that has collection of sculptures from Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal.